Denplan Dental Payment Plan
Denplan is the UK’s leading dental payment plan specialist. They have consistently encouraged a preventative approach to dental care and, with unique and wide-ranging services; have been supporting dentists and patients for over 25 years.
Keeping dentally fit is really important as dental problems can contribute to lifelong oral and general health issues.
Having good teeth makes you want to smile!
Denplan Essentials supports a preventative approach to your oral health care. Regular examinations, dental care and oral health advice can help reduce the need for costly and complex dental treatment. Denplan Essentials covers your routine preventative care and offers a 10% discount against the cost of restorative treatments. It is available from £8.51 per month.
Denplan Care helps you pay for all your regular routine examinations, hygiene visits and any restorative dental treatment. If you need a crown, bridge or denture you will only have to pay the laboratory fees which can save you a significant amount of money. It is available from £14.15 per month.
Please speak to your dentist about these plans. Your dentist will discuss with you the programme of preventative treatment you require to maintain and improve your oral health, the plan that is most suitable for you and the monthly cost.
What does Denplan Essentials include?
- Agreed number of dental health examinations per year
- Agreed number of hygienist appointments per year
- Treatment planning and advice
- 10% discount on the following treatments
- – Restorations (fillings)
- – Root canal treatment
- – Tooth removal
- – Provision of crowns
- – Provision of bridges and dentures
- – Advanced periodontal treatment
Worldwide Supplementary Insurance The plan excludes laboratory fees and any additional hygiene appointments. Treatment not covered by this plan can be paid for separately
How do you join the plan?
We carry out a thorough assessment of your teeth and gums and will then advise you of the monthly amount to pay to cover your preventive dental care.
All you have to do is complete a registration form and Direct Debit mandate. An initial registration charge of one month’s plan fee is payable and will be included in your first Direct Debit payment.
If you choose to leave the plan for any reason you can do so by simply giving us one month’s notice.
You will be liable to pay any fee charged for necessary treatment to correct deterioration of your oral health; either because of failure to attend the practice at intervals prescribed by your dentist for examination and maintenance appointments; or because of failure to undergo recommended treatment to rectify problems at an earlier stage. These charges would be in addition to your monthly fee.
What does Denplan Care include?
- Routine check-ups and preventive advice
- Routine scale and polish and basic periodontal treatment by hygienist
- Preventive therapy and advice
- Dental x-rays
- Tooth removal (unless a referral is required)
- Root canal treatment (unless referral) – £70 max supplement for single use disposable instrument files
- Worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover
- Access to Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
Who can join Denplan Care?
Denplan Care is a comprehensive payment plan designed for patients who wish to attend the practice on a regular basis and have peace of mind that their routine dental treatment is covered.
How does Denplan Care work?
The amount you pay is based on your oral health and how much dental treatment you will need; an initial oral health assessment will be carried out to determine your monthly fee and you do need to be dentally fit before you join the plan.
There are discounts of up to 15% if one Direct Debit covers all registered Denplan patients receiving treatment at the practice.
To find out more about the dental payment plans please ask a member of the Practice Team for a copy of the Denplan literature or visit their website at www.denplan.co.uk.
Denplan Care exclusions.
Although non-routine services are available from the practice, some items fall outside the scope of the plan and are not covered by the monthly payment namely:
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Referrals to a specialist
- Laboratory fees
- Occlusal therapy
You will be liable to pay any fee charged for necessary treatment to correct deterioration of your oral health; either because of failure to attend the practice at the intervals prescribed by your dentist for examination and maintenance appointments; or because of failure to undergo recommended treatment to rectify problems at an earlier stage. These charges would be in addition to your monthly fees.
What happens in an emergency?
You will have access to a 24 hour, 365 day worldwide dental emergency helpline, that will offer help and advice in the event of a dental emergency. The numbers to phone in an emergency are:
Emergencies Home: 01202 048528
Emergencies Away: (UK) 0800 844999
Emergency Abroad: +44 1962 844 999
As part of Denplan Essentials you receive supplementary insurance which includes
- Dental injury cover (up to £10,000 per incident)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment in the UK (up to £400 per incident. Total limit payable £800 per calendar year)
- Temporary emergency dental treatment when overseas (up to £450 per incident. Total limit payable £900 per calendar year)
- Up to £62 for each night you stay in hospital under the care of a dental or maxillofacial surgeon for treatment in relation to a head or neck condition, for up to one year
- Up to £12,000 towards one course of mouth cancer treatment for up to 18 months following diagnosis (smokers are included)
Supplementary Insurance does not cover
- Emergency dental treatment provided by your own dentist or a dentist/specialist acting on your dentist’s behalf
- Dental injury caused while training for or participating in contact sports, unless recommended mouth protection is worn
- Mouth cancer diagnosed before joining Denplan or within 90 days after the date you joined Denplan (or for which tests or consultations began within those 90 days)
Denplan Insurance Services provide
- 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline
- Arrangement of Supplementary Insurance cover
- Assistance with any enquiries regarding your Supplementary Insurance
Please remember: treatment is at the discretion of your dentist. This is a summary of the benefits, exclusions and limitations. All claims are assessed for eligibility against the terms and conditions of the policy, available on request.
If you have any questions about our plan, please contact our reception team who will be happy to provide further information and guidance.