What is a brace?
A brace is a way of straightening and improving the alignment of teeth, helping them to look better and also often helping them to function better together. They either made of metal or plastic and some of the braces used are virtually invisible.
Why might I need a brace?
We might suggest brace:
- If you would like your smile to look better
- To straighten and improve the alignment of your teeth
- To improve your bite and tooth function
- If you have jaw problems caused by mis-aligned teeth
- To re-align teeth to reduce the risk tooth decay and gum disease
What is the benefit for me?
Orthodontic treatment (braces) will improve the alignment of your teeth and make your smile look better. It can also improve your bite – the way your teeth meet together, making them function better and making jaw joint problems less likely. Straighter teeth are also easier to keep clean, which can reduce your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.